- Durable uniform shirting fabric combined with breathable, moisture-wicking mesh fabric creates the ultimate performance uniform shirt that is both professional and comfortable
- Designed to look like a Class A or B uniform shirt when worn under ArmorSkin®
- SS Polyester Base Shirt matches Polyester Armorskin
- Lightweight, moisture-wicking stretch mesh covers torso area for quick-dry comfort, body temperature regulation and advanced mobility
- Durable 8.5 oz 100% Polyester fabric matches Blauer 100% Polyester shirting and pant fabric
- Convertible sport collar
- 3-button center front placket
ArmorSkin® Base Shirt, the base layer of the ArmorSkin system is a hybrid shirt. A wicking fast dry knit shirt connected to a uniform shirt at the shoulders and sleeves. The wicking material extends under the arms of the shirt for added comfort and breathability. It is antimicrobial treated to inhibit the growth of odor producing bacteria.
The Base Shirt concept is similar to the military issued under vest shirts, which are so popular with the troops. While a conventional duty shirt or Supershirt can be worn under the vest, the ArmorSkin Base Shirt is a lot more comfortable and professional looking. In the station, without the vest on, the look is still professional and identification in the form of shoulder patches, is still visible.
The base knit fabric is specially engineered to prevent pilling and picking from abrasion of the outer vest for a neat appearance when the vest is not worn on top of it. Even so it is best to avoid contacting the knit directly with hook and loop straps from the soft body armor vest when possible. If cared for properly it should last as long or longer than regular uniform shirts.
Base Shirts are available in all of the popular uniform fabrics and color from which we make our uniform shirts; polyester pictured here, wool blends, rayon blends and cotton ripstop blends in some colors also are available. Blauer’s quality uniform shirt fabrics guarantees base shirts will look good for a long time.
Throw on the loaded ArmorSkin® vest carrier cover and you are in uniform.