Of all the tools you own in your equipment lineup, the Sav-A-Jake Multi-Purpose Rescue Tool is absolutely one of the most versatile. You'll find yourself reaching for it for many different uses, making all your tasks more "firefighter friendly!"
The Sav-A-Jake Multi-Purpose Rescue Tool is extremely durable. It's strength tested in an ISO 9000 Approved laboratory to an Ultimate Tensile Strength (UTS) of 5,000 lbs. The PVC/high density foam handles prevent collapse/impingement of the webbing around your hands while dragging or carrying items. Designed by a seasoned professional firefighter, this tool is built to last!
Although the Sav-A-Jake has many different uses, it was developed primarily for use by Rapid Intervention Teams to retrieve a downed firefighter, in other words to "Save A Jake." The term "Jake" is commonly used in the Northeast U.S. to describe a top-notch firefighter, aka a "good Jake."
Some of the uses of the Sav-A-Jake are:
* Great for carrying a married halligan & axe
* Functions as a rope hose tool
* Support strap for transporting multiple SCBA bottles
* When attaching 2 Sav-A-Jakes, you can cover approximately 22 feet of search area
* Effective as a thermal imaging camera strap
* Perfect for moving charged lines on the fireground
* Great as a hose support strap for brush firefighting and mop-up operations*
* Plus many, many more ....
Your Sav-A-Jake Multi-Purpose Rescue Tool will make you a more
efficient firefighter. As with any firefighting tool, always practice
good safety measures. Please review all warranty and precaution
information prior to use.
Sav-A-Jake International backs the Sav-A-Jake with a limited warranty.